Well, for once I have decided to post something healthy with this salt and vinegar chickpea recipe. This is makes a great alternative to fried snacks such as salt and vinegar chips. I have always loved salt and vinegar flavoured anything- a childhood favourite was a bucket of chips with so much vinegar there was literally a swimming pool of it at the bottom of the bucket when I finished. I didn’t even like chips without vinegar!
These little gems are very easy and make a slightly more gourmet party snack that is high in protein and has a little more nutritional value than a packet of crisps. Give them a go!
Salt and Vinegar Chickpeas
1 can or jar of cooked chickpeas, drained and rinsed
About 2 cups of white vinegar (or enough to cover the chickpeas in a saucepan)
Drizzle of olive oil
1/2 tsp salt.
1.Preheat oven to 180 degrees
2. Cover chickpeas with vinegar in a saucepan and bring to the boil over a medium heat
3. Leave boiling for about 10 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and drain
5. Spread over a pyrex baking dish in single layer and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle salt.
6. Bake for about 20 minutes, until slightly crispy.